I was nominated for this award by the lovely Seeking Sammy. THANK you, Sammy, this made me smile a lot! I love reading her blog (check it out here) and she’s been super supportive since I started my blogging journey.
But what is the Real Neat Blog Award? Good question! It’s basically a badge of approval shared around between bloggers – no judges, no voting and it’s not a popularity contest. Just a way for bloggers to show their love and help increase awareness for other bloggers.
I actually love these kinds of posts because they give you a great insight into ME, I don’t often like writing or talking about myself, so this will help you get to know me a little better.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog/ mentioning on social media.)
Seeking Sammy’s questions
1. What do you wish you knew before you started blogging?
Blogging is very full on and intense at times, before I started blogging I wish I knew just how much I’d need to sort myself out and get organised, especially as I’m working 9-5. I’ve learnt how to improve my time management and use scheduling platforms as well as keeping to my promise to post twice a week. The other thing I wish I knew was the importance of SEO, I need to sit down one day and work on improving this on my blog site to help increase my presence.
2. Where are you heading to this summer (if anywhere!)?
I’m always jetting off somewhere at the moment whether it be a weekend away, a day trip or a holiday. So much so that my friends and family have stopped asking if I’m going on holiday this year it’s more like so how many holidays this year then? But I love it!! I want to travel as much as I can whilst I’m young, I have lots of places I’d love to visit and this summer I’m heading to Mauritius in June for work, couple of trips to Wales then Madeira and Italy in August. All of which I’m going to be writing some great posts about for you to read - I can’t wait!! If I don’t have a tan by September then I don’t think I ever will.
3. Which country would you most like to visit?
As many of you know I have quite an extensive wish list but my top two at the moment are Japan and Canada. The mix of culture, scenery and cuisine in Japan is so appealing plus I’d love to see the cherry blossom framing ancient temples in April. And I’m a sucker for sushi! In regards to Canada, I’ve seen so many breath-takingly beautiful images that I’d love to experience it in person driving along those big roads and relaxing on the rocky mountaineer is one of my dreams. Add to that I’m a total geography nerd and you won’t be surprised to learn mountains, lakes and glaciers excite me!
4. What’s your biggest blogging related achievement?
I’m still learning in terms of visitor numbers and SEO presence, ultimately I’d love to do some sponsored posts. So my biggest achievement so far is being recognised within the blogging community for two awards and establishing a strong foundation of supportive Instagram and twitter followers.
5. Which brand/company would you love to collaborate with?
I would love to collaborate with Craft Gin club and the Gin festival, this makes me sound like a total alcoholic, but I promise I’m not. I just have a real passion for craft gins, discovering the best garnishes and tonics to serve with them and creating cocktails for my friends and family to enjoy. To be able to work with these two brands and help increase awareness of new gins would be incredible – because I’m always down for trying something new.
6. Which platform provides the best promotion for your blog? (e.g. twitter, instagram, Facebook)
When I first started out, I thought Instagram would be the best place for me to promote my blog, I love taking photos and I’ve always been drawn into things visually first before reading a content or synopsis. But actually Twitter is the best platform for my promotion, it means I can post throughout the day promoting my various blog articles, I can engage with other bloggers and have a conversation whilst reading other bloggers posts.
7. Which of your previous posts would you really like your viewers to take a look at?
Out of all my previous posts, I’d really like my readers to take a look at my 72 hours in: Valencia, it’s the first in my series of posts that helps you discover a destination in three days. I also included my own images and did a lot of research during my trip to create an itinerary outline that people can use for their visit.
I’d like to nominate the following bloggers who I think are great – can’t wait to read your answers
1. What is the greatest challenge you’ve faced blogging ?
2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
3. What is your favourite blog article to date or upcoming ones you have planned?
4. Imagine you are a city which one are you most like and why?
5. What one thing would you change about your blog?
6. Name three things you’d take to a desert island and why?
7. What are your upcoming ambitions for your blog?